A love for great UX design with an exceptional eye for detail
Hi, I’m Neil and I’m Senior UI Designer for the Freight Transport Association (FTA), translating out of the box ideas and wireframes into exceptional user experiences.
In charge of conceiving and implementing the entire design and usability language for both FTA’s web and mobile apps, I successfully work alongside our in house engineers to build world class products. I translate business and product requirements into beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences.
Caring deeply about design and UI, I love building interfaces that are simple, clear and visually impressive. An obsession with quality and attention to detail, I'm self motivated with an ability to hit deadlines and work independently.
I take a lean agile approach to product design, using user feedback and metrics to help guide design decisions early in the process, continuously validating assumptions and iterating.
In 2003, I graduated from Coventry University with a BSc Honours degree in Computing. My other passions are football, golf, technology and travelling.
- UX/UI design
- A solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and information architecture
- Rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (eg sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and clickable prototypes)
- Bring designs to life with HTML/CSS/JS and other front-end technologies
- Up to the second on trends in technology and design and an eagerness to learn
- A passion for executing pixel-perfect layouts and design
- Ability to communicate my ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders
- Work with devs to deliver polished final product
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment
- Solve problems, make decisions, and communicate effectively in difficult situations
You may also email me.